June 24, 2009
I began this experiment in blogging with the generous donation of a year of web hosting from a member of our congregation. I found several things to be true during my first blogging foray.
1. Blogging takes incredible discipline.
2. Blogging takes a lot of time.
3. Wanting to do cool things (embed video, etc.) in a blog makes for frustrating, even excruciating experiences with technofrenzy. This is my term for being locked in combat with the technology that is supposed to make blogging and all other forms of creating content easier.
4. Blogging demands, as a prerequisite, time (not including that used for sermon writing) to read, absorb, digest and otherwise reflect on life. Without this, there is no material to post.
5. Single full time working mothers Read the rest of this entry »